• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

krayr

Cable Smoosher
Aug 9, 2018
Apologies if this has been asked before, but with the new 2080/ti rtx line dropped, what are the max dimensions for gpus that the case will be able to hold?

Mjolnir: Max 300mm (L) x 141mm (H) x 40mm (W)
2080ti: 10.5” (266.74mm) x 4.556” (115.7mm)

It's a 2-slot card, so it should fit.

Reactions: AlexTzone

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
Dan case style cases seem pretty common these days... yet none of them offer even two USB-A ports.
The ZS-A4 has two USB ports.

dlal1520

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2017
The first post of the thread states:

Nvidia spec sheet for 2080ti is 266.74mm. I think it’ll fit bob.

We’ll see on the AIB partner cards. Height might be worriesome but who knows.

Haha thanks man, ill blame my early start today for missing that.

I was looking at the longer 3 fan cards that have leaked, some of them seem a little too thick.
But good old EVGA always makes a 2 slot card that works for us, though the shroud design is a little interesting

Reactions: AlexTzone

whatanoob

Trash Compacter
Jun 18, 2018
Dan case style cases seem pretty common these days... yet none of them offer even two USB-A ports.
You have to understand that, for the great majority, front panel connectors in an sff case don't make much sense.

The need to have front panel connectors in cases arised from the relative ease of access to the front of the case when compared to the back. That doesn't apply that much to sff cases.

Plus, the IO in most modern motherboards is plenty enough for most people. And even if it isn't enough, you can just buy a USB hub, which, if positioned right, is more practical and accessible than a front panel USB connector could ever be.

So you're avoiding the mess of cables that comes with front panel connectors (specially the bulky USB 3.0 connector), which is extra important in an sff case, where things are most likely already cramped enough, and what you're giving away is something that almost nobody really needs in the first place. On top of that, it seems that most of us prefer the clean look of a front panel with no connectors anyway.

So you should be glad about the few good and tiny cases that have any front panel connectors at all, because to me that isn't much more than a leftover feature from big cases, much like men's nipples.

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
This is above and beyond haha

Can't wait to see the whole case assembled

Many thanks, stick around and you'll see it soon!! :D

Not sure if this has been discussed, but the CPU block here is higher than the res/rad. This really isn't ideal.

This has been discussed in another forum, but not here so thanks for sharing your thoughts :) Thanks to a brilliant idea from one of the members we'll implement a simple yet effective solution to this.

Dark looks great, really looking forward to this case.

Glad you like it, it's starting to come together!! :D

Beautiful case! Needs front panel connectors.

I believe we have talked about this through email. There are couple of nice sff cases that do have front panel USBs, however we prefer to keep thing simplistic for MJOLNIR I.

Please dont add ugly usb or power switch in front panel

We'll keep things simplistic and clean :) All ports will be the ones located on MOBO IO, the power button is at the back as well.

Last edited:

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Time for an UPDATE!

2 new pieces arrived yesterday, 50% of the locking mechanism (lock wheel) and the power button cap. They are precisely CNCd, glass blasted and anodized in much the same way the previous prototype parts were. Really happy with how it all turned out :D Check it out below:

Marked them in blue below:

More pieces will arrive shortly, keep an eye out!! :cool:

ALSO IMPORTANT
We are going to have combo-pack rewards at Kickstarter launch (get different upgrades by either buying more than 1 unit yourself or invite friends to back the project). Still working on these upgrades so they really become worth your while, this also means I can't unveil what they are yet.

Hint
  • Get 2 units or invite 1 friend: this will yield the first upgrade.
  • Get 3 units / 2 friends up to 5 units / 4 friends: this will yield some really really nice upgrades.
  • Get 6 units or invite 5 friends: I know, this is a lot to ask, but when you see what you get for this...it will be legendary!
Best,
Alex

Last edited:

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Have you seen the dan a4 v3 with its hdplex front mounting and aio side bracket?

Also how big would rgb controller be and where would it go?

I have not seen it, but we have some of our own ideas on how to make this possible. A 120 mm AIO will definitely only fit in place of the PSU, still working on where to put the HDPlex. The RGB controller will be really small and doesn't need to be mounted, it will be located close to the MOBO.

I have absolutely no idea how I would recruit 5 people but I do like upgrades...

Even 1 additional unit / 1 friend will get you a good upgrade :) You will get the most functional upgrade (IMHO) by getting 2 additional units / 2 friends.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I'm just being picky. I understand the reason why it was changed from an engineering / manufacturing perspective.

From an, "I want it all" perspective, the image that sold me on this chassis was one of the original renders with the LEDs emitting through the fins.

Absolutely breathtaking.

Same pic but with the new design, not too bad right? ;)

NEW

OLD

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
The new one has a pretty nice soft diffuse affect. Looks soo good, cant wait for the kickstarter; but its gonna be hard to get some friends in on this as well haha.

Thanks a lot buddy! Yeah I know, well even getting 1 friend on it (or 1 additional unit) will yield a pretty awesome reward :) But if you don't manage to do that don't worry, you're still getting one ultra epic case! :D

i though that it wasn t possible to make cuts in a TG pannel.

how are you managing that?

You can cut glass before tempering it. It is pretty expensive though from the few quotes I’ve managed to get

I can't confirm 100% that this is the case with our project (the supplier has not stated in which order they do the cutting and tempering) but it's most likely what Zanduh said :thumb: It feels like the only logical order.

The new design looks more agressive, I like it.

Really appreciate it, thanks!!

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
It is ordered! Finally!!

T-minus 2.5 weeks until a legendary piece of the prototype arrives, can't wait to share it with you!! Can you guess what it is? ;)