Replacement parts?

jhautz

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jan 30, 2018
Hi. Wondering if there is a way to buy replacement panels for the Ncase. I see that the case is now available thru SFFLAB. On the old website you could buy replacement parts like clips and panels. I dont see that option now. I wanted to get a top panel without a ODD slot. I originally bought mine with the slot but Im not going to use the ODD now so I would like to buy the top panel without a slot if possible. If anyone can let me know if its possible still that would be great. Thanks in advance.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Hi. Wondering if there is a way to buy replacement panels for the Ncase. I see that the case is now available thru SFFLAB. On the old website you could buy replacement parts like clips and panels. I dont see that option now. I wanted to get a top panel without a ODD slot. I originally bought mine with the slot but Im not going to use the ODD now so I would like to buy the top panel without a slot if possible. If anyone can let me know if its possible still that would be great. Thanks in advance.

M1 Accessory page.

Reactions: Riggles

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
I'd love NCase to release a front IO panel part - I want to remove my front panel audio and replace it with a couple more USB3 but I don't want to risk b0rking my current one!

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
I'd love NCase to release a front IO panel part - I want to remove my front panel audio and replace it with a couple more USB3 but I don't want to risk b0rking my current one!

Exactly, wish they’ll come up with one such front panel.

deathadder666

Trash Compacter
Feb 4, 2018
I remember my NCASE when I had it always had some trouble with USB thumb drives in the front. They were too big or bulky sometimes. It'd be an awesome upgrade for those with these cases still. Also what would be great is the ability to add a couple more (maybe even type-c) to the side of the front panel, left or right. Like me, I had it sitting on my desk in a way that it was easier to reach the right-side of the front panel than the bottom of the front. That'd be an awesome upgrade too.

calvinpp

Caliper Novice
Dec 9, 2017
It'd also be good to be able to have the option to have USB C ports on the front. It'd solve the problem of having the thumb drives not being inserted properly and Sandisk and a few other companies are already making a lot of dual thumbdrives (USB A and C on both ends). Also, being able to charge android phones and stuff like that would be useful..

Reactions: MultiDoc

riktanius

Caliper Novice
Feb 21, 2018
Not much there... I would really like a black replacement top panel with no ODD Slot and there arent any available.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

Not much there... I would really like a black replacement top panel with no ODD Slot and there arent any available.

We are working on getting accessories, but I don't have an ETA at the moment.

Also, are you looking for Black or Silver?

It'd also be good to be able to have the option to have USB C ports on the front. It'd solve the problem of having the thumb drives not being inserted properly and Sandisk and a few other companies are already making a lot of dual thumbdrives (USB A and C on both ends). Also, being able to charge android phones and stuff like that would be useful..

There is USB-C I/O upgrade kit in the works. However, there are very few motherboards that support USB-C 3.1 Gen 2.

Also, Type-C connector presents a problem even for USB 3.0, *one type-c connector will occupy the entire 19pin/20pin connector (result of it's reversible feature). So you would have to sacrifice 2 USB-A for one USB-C connector :(

calvinpp

Caliper Novice
Dec 9, 2017
We are working on getting accessories, but I don't have an ETA at the moment.

Also, are you looking for Black or Silver?

There is USB-C I/O upgrade kit in the works. However, there are very few motherboards that support USB-C 3.1 Gen 2.

Also, Type-C connector presents a problem even for USB 3.0, *one type-c connector will occupy the entire 19pin/20pin connector (result of it's reversible feature). So you would have to sacrifice 2 USB-A for one USB-C connector :(

What motherboards support it so far? I think I'd gladly give up the 2 A ports for the C-connector (after all, the back of all mb's usually have TONS of type A ports anyhow)

Reactions: MultiDoc

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
What motherboards support it so far? I think I'd gladly give up the 2 A ports for the C-connector (after all, the back of all mb's usually have TONS of type A ports anyhow)
I believe the ASUS ROG Strix Z370-I Gaming is the only board that supports 3.1 Gen 2 via the new header. The Z270 version of that board also has the header, but it only supports 3.1 Gen 1. As far as I know these are the only two mini-ITX boards with this header.

Last edited:

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
I'll be waiting patiently for an extra black top panel with the ODD slot and also (if ever) for a front I/O that would let us have a 3.1 gen 2 in the front of the case.

Please keep us posted if we can and when to pre-order any of the aforementioned accessories/spare parts.

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
I just noticed we can preorder now,so I went ahead and placed an order for an ODD top panel.
Thank you so much for your effort, much appreciated.

eelyaa

What's an ITX?
New User
Jun 10, 2018

I am trying to do the opposite swap (black M1)
Which country do you live in?