How to Build a System Brick-less in the S4MINI C

troubled_trombone

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Aug 15, 2018
This will be my second build and I am wondering how the whole dc dc PSU thing works? Do I need to buy a seperate PSU for a 1050 ti and Ryzen 3 1200, if so what should I buy, if not then do I need to buy antyhting or can I just plug and play without having the buy anything other than the Skyreach 4 MINI, also do I need to buy a ON/OFF switch or does it come with one?
Thanks in advance!

troubled_trombone

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Aug 15, 2018
Yes I understand that but what I meant was it says it requires a C8 connector and some basic soldering, what do I need to solder? Also, the connector is sold out, what should I lookup online as an alternative? Also so do I need to buy an ON/OFF switch or not?

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Have you read the first post of the Skyreach 4 Mini main thread? Josh linked his tldr on dc dc psu there.

About power button, have you read the spec at sfflab? It says right there at I/O part.

About going brickless, you can find more than a handful of brickless builds in the build logs section, maybe start there first? Familiarize yourself with what it entails, solder and whatnot.

Reactions: Josh | NFC

memorylane

Efficiency Noob
Mar 27, 2017
You may email to Josh via their website to check available stock or buy C8 connector from amazon or aliexpress (search by "c8 connector")

For solder c8 you may replace old C14 connector with c8 connector.

In case you need to keep old c14 you need to buy 3pin connector (4.5mm)

And you need On/Off switch for turn on/off your computer

Reactions: Josh | NFC

troubled_trombone

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Aug 15, 2018
Have you read the first post of the Skyreach 4 Mini main thread? Josh linked his tldr on dc dc psu there.

About power button, have you read the spec at sfflab? It says right there at I/O part.

About going brickless, you can find more than a handful of brickless builds in the build logs section, maybe start there first? Familiarize yourself with what it entails, solder and whatnot.
Thanks I now understand everything now!