Orangulan Deux - 2 Bricks 1 Case

Ghost

Average Stuffer
Jul 23, 2018
I'm actually redoing this build with the AsRock X470 and a 2700x combined with the Vega 56 Nano and the new 400W HDPlex AC-DC/Dynamo Combo. I've sent it off to Josh @ NFC for super-pro custom finishing and hopefully a build video. Shipped yesterday and should arrive at his place early next week

Really hope there's a video. Love learning from you guys. What's the power source. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the Dynamo your version of the HDplex 400w?

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
Original poster
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Dynamo is a very different beast than the HDPlex 400W DC-ATX. Power source for the build will be Dynamo Combo + HDPlex 400W AC-DC if everything works out right.

Ghost

Average Stuffer
Jul 23, 2018
Dynamo is a very different beast than the HDPlex 400W DC-ATX. Power source for the build will be Dynamo Combo + HDPlex 400W AC-DC if everything works out right.

Yea hopefully Josh will show some builds testing it out. I def like the look of it. Maybe I'll get one and test it out. I think the combo is sold out at the moment though. So the Dynamo is the internal power brick? Is that correct? If so def get one. It's puts out 360w right?

Ghost

Average Stuffer
Jul 23, 2018
Yea hopefully Josh will show some builds testing it out. I def like the look of it. Maybe I'll get one and test it out. I think the combo is sold out at the moment though. So the Dynamo is the internal power brick? Is that correct? If so def get one. It's puts out 360w right?

I guess should of read title better. So you will have two Dell bricks is that right?

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
I guess should of read title better. So you will have two Dell bricks is that right?
I believe the goal was dual internal power supplies, but with the the advent of the HDPlex 400 watt AC/DC that appears to be a non-issue

Reactions: Ghost

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I'm watching hdplex youtube channel.
800ac-dc should arrive soon.

I’m eager to see new products on the market...if they could handle current peak like a 500w sfx psu...it will be again a key changer...even for my cerberus-x...:)

Last edited:
Reactions: br3nd0

Kmpkt

Original poster
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016

The Dynamo Mini and Dynamo 360 are both internal DC-DC converters that work perfectly in combination and can also work in a variety of use case scenarios as standalone units.

Also I am out of Dynamo Minis in the USA and Asia and only have minimal stock in Europe hence the lack of an option to buy the Dynamo Combo. The 360 is getting low on stock but still have some in all three regions. Am in the process of making V2.0 revisions to the Dynamo Mini and placing my next order.

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
The Dynamo Mini and Dynamo 360 are both internal DC-DC converters that work perfectly in combination and can also work in a variety of use case scenarios as standalone units.

Also I am out of Dynamo Minis in the USA and Asia and only have minimal stock in Europe hence the lack of an option to buy the Dynamo Combo. The 360 is getting low on stock but still have some in all three regions. Am in the process of making V2.0 revisions to the Dynamo Mini and placing my next order.
Thanks for the update. Look forward to v2!

Ghost

Average Stuffer
Jul 23, 2018

Oh ok thanks for clarification. Sry sounded stupid I'm new to the dc- DC game.

Kmpkt

Original poster
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
What's changed in v2, may I ask?

Nothing major. I am revising the cable length so they are less bulky and there will be improvements to the sync function to make it more reliable with certain hardware combinations powering down after use. I am also exploring the option of removing the 2 pin 12V rail connector in favour of adding a bit more overhead (ie. more caps).

Reactions: Choidebu