DAN C4-SFX - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
They (SFF Labs) have been on Computex. Leave them breath...

^This.
Also, when Dan goes silent it means that he is working hard on the project.
I'm confident we'll get a nice update soon.
Did Dan go to Computex? You guys may be getting Dan (dondan) confused with wahaha360, whose name is also Dan. SFFLabs is Dan (w360) and Joshua (PlayfulPhoenix).

Reactions: Talyrius

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
To make it more clear.

My nickname is "DAN" and my real name is "Daniel". I am the man behind "DAN Cases".
Wahaha360 is the nickname of Dan one of the guys behind SFFLab and Ncase.

I was not on Computex ;) But SFFLab (my Reseller) was on Computex

I dont care who is the real Dan. We need something

Currently I can continue deeper testing because my GPU fan dies yesterday so I have to RMA the card.

As I wrote in my last update I hat to RMA my GPU so I can't follow testing. On Friday I got the new card.

Drue

Average Stuffer
Mar 20, 2018
To make it more clear.

My nickname is "DAN" and my real name is "Daniel". I am the man behind "DAN Cases".
Wahaha360 is the nickname of Dan one of the guys behind SFFLab and Ncase.

I was not on Computex ;) But SFFLab (my Reseller) was on Computex

As I wrote in my last update I hat to RMA my GPU so I can't follow testing. On Friday I got the new card.
We never lost faith in you DAN

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
I know the front/side I/O was discussed last month and a few pages back, but I only found out about the C4 case this weekend.

Looking at the last sample photos, I was wondering if it would be possible to fit the I/O into the front foot at the bottom of the case, possibly having the panel angled upwards by a few degrees to make access a little easier (I'm thinking around 10 degrees). If this required the case to be lifted a few mm higher that would also improve the airflow for bottom mounted radiators.

It would also give us the option of not installing the I/O if we didn't need it and preferred a cleaner look. Most monitors now include USB hub functionality and some people may be using that.

A front foot I/O panel also gives the option of having different modules. Perhaps a USB type A version, and a USB type C version, or the option of an SD Card reader, and other versions in the future should the need arise. It would also make it easy to swap out the I/O panel if it was faulty or got damaged.

Anyone else like the idea?

I'm looking forward to seeing this go live on Kickstarter. I was planning to build a new PC next year when next gen graphics cards are available, and possibly AMD Zen2 CPUs (3000 series). The timing of this couldn't be better!

Last edited:

papsicleboy

Caliper Novice
Jun 19, 2018
I have some questions regarding the watercooling support.

What are two 120mm AIOs that could fit in this case? there's only 303mm of space, so two corsair h55s wouldnt fit as they are 152mm. What is an alternative that would fit? I scoured over a couple of manufacturer websites but the trend seems to be 155+mm on all of the models. If 2 AIOs could be found that would probably be the best cooling setup available in this case.

btw, case looks fantastic, can't wait to buy.

Onimashou

Caliper Novice
Jun 19, 2018
That, a SFF case with a bunch of cables coming out of the front takes a day from the beauty and aestics. On larger cases fans are optional, so on this case like he said make an I/O optional. I would be perfectly fine with only a power button.

That's also less cables cluttering the inside. Furthermore, I route my peripherals through my monitor.

Lastly, would you be able to integrate two holes in the divider between the Graphics card and the Motherboard. Thereby allowing bulkhead fittings to be attached.

I may be over thinking it, but I'm imaging: CPU and GPU blocks paired with EK's 240 AIO that was at Computex 2018. Mounted above in a soft custom loop from the CPU through the bulkhead to anf from the graphics card, back to the EK unit.

enome

Caliper Novice
May 18, 2018
I have some questions regarding the watercooling support.

What are two 120mm AIOs that could fit in this case? there's only 303mm of space, so two corsair h55s wouldnt fit as they are 152mm. What is an alternative that would fit? I scoured over a couple of manufacturer websites but the trend seems to be 155+mm on all of the models. If 2 AIOs could be found that would probably be the best cooling setup available in this case.

btw, case looks fantastic, can't wait to buy.

I did ask this question, but it was left unanswered

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@enome @papsicleboy : I exactly work on this because I am unhappy with this situation too. There also some other things that need to be redisgn for the C4-SFX because for my personal experience the case is too small. I think of adding 0,75-1L to have more space for routing cables and a easier installation of the components and get more space for dual 120mm AIOs. I will make an update for the C4 in the next days. But what I can say from my testing the cooling system works perfectly.

Mallot

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2017
I can't imagine a 120AIO is better than an aircooler. Although, I guess you have to stick with the original heatsink on the GPU, the aftermarket ones are too thick.

Status
Not open for further replies.