Production case SX1 6.8L / SX2 7.5L by Custom_MOD

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com

Hello!

Some improvements in the SFX model and not only.

Now the base of the case will be steel (1mm)
- This will give greater strength of the structure.
- Strong thread for screw connections.
- A slight increase in weight (about +250 grams)

Of course, you can order a completely aluminum case as before.

chinevo

SFF Recordsman
May 11, 2017

Hello!

What is price for steel case?

Narwhal

Average Stuffer
Jan 30, 2018

Hello!

news on batch 14?

crazydave48

Chassis Packer
Oct 18, 2017
Wow, very cool promo video!! Those new aluminum frame legs look really nice, I may have to pick some up. I have a white table (very similar to the one in the video) and my black rubber legs are constantly leaving marks on my table even when I move my PC a tiny amount.

crazydave48

Chassis Packer
Oct 18, 2017
Any progress on batch 17? Order time is up right?

The process takes WEEKS. I'm sure he has sent the order in by now but he doesn't make a habit of posting every little step in this thread for every batch. I'd just hold tight and wait until they're about to ship to get an update.

Narwhal

Average Stuffer
Jan 30, 2018
Anybdody get their case for batch #14?
not yet, I did receive the traking number but for the first couple of days it said: "this tracking number is not in the system". then it worked once saying that the package is being accepted, next day and ever since its telling me that its not in the system.... dont know whats happening...

edit: the site started working again today

Last edited:

AH805

Cable Smoosher
Apr 19, 2018
not yet, I did receive the traking number but for the first couple of days it said: "this tracking number is not in the system". then it worked once saying that the package is being accepted, next day and ever since its telling me that its not in the system.... dont know whats happening...

edit: the site started working again today

Nice! Hopefully you recieve it soon.

Heathern

What's an ITX?
Mar 19, 2018
Got my shipping notice for batch 14 and watching it go through the paces. This is custom work, be patient. Sergiiua has been helpful in explaining the process if information is needed. I'd suggest hitting him up on email.

Narwhal

Average Stuffer
Jan 30, 2018
so for anyone who is wonderig why the ukrpostha site doesnt show the progress after awhile its because once it has left the country just wait for it to arrive, last update was on june 29 and I received it today. very well packaged, the box was a bit damaged but the case itself is wrapped twice in foam. the case is as I ordered. first impression was great and the case is very sturdy for anyone wondering is the honeycomb pattern has flex it does not. I asked for 1cm larger on the gpu side, got it. I also asked for 1cm longer, got it. as you can see on the pictures the SFX text at the back is now half an S and half an X, dont know why but it does not bother me at all. the main problem is that the side pannels, I dont know why but the pattern was not completely finished, it looks like its missing a row, both are like that and before you tell me its because of the special dimensions he has to cut cost somewhere I paid an extra 30$ for those dimensions... the paint job is sandblasted which gives it a ncie quality feel to it but dust is stuck on it at some places which creates an imperfection. overall im pretty happy with it and will post pictures of the build as soon as the next gen gpu' s comes out. @sergiiua care to comment on teh side pannels?

Last edited:
Reactions: Damascus

Narwhal

Average Stuffer
Jan 30, 2018
update: sergiiua just answered me about my side pannels:

yes the design has been changed. now the holes are smaller and they are larger.

When laser cutting, the metal is deformed. The more holes, the stronger the deformation.

Im mad that he never told us anywhere that the design was going to be changed, at least he could have asked if I wanted the original design and risjk a bit of deformation or get the new one. when I ordered the case it was still the previous design and it was much more beautiful, right now it looks dumb since both ends of the pattern are not the same, im very disapointed about his lack of judgement. Ill ask around at my local metal shops to maybe get it done properly

Reactions: cleveland

rusty815

Caliper Novice
Jun 22, 2018
update: sergiiua just answered me about my side pannels:

Im mad that he never told us anywhere that the design was going to be changed, at least he could have asked if I wanted the original design and risjk a bit of deformation or get the new one. when I ordered the case it was still the previous design and it was much more beautiful, right now it looks dumb since both ends of the pattern are not the same, im very disapointed about his lack of judgement. Ill ask around at my local metal shops to maybe get it done properly

Its unfortunate that the ends of the pattern look that way, I hope he refines the design to fix that in the future. At the same time, I think his decision is a sound one, mitigating warping when metal cutting can be annoying and if his little redesign fixes it, then I think its a welcome change.