What did you do today?

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017

Assuming "CoreTemp" is accurate, this is fine I guess.

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016

Assuming "CoreTemp" is accurate, this is fine I guess.
Looking good! How's the performance?

Bought 4 new tyres, a new lens and a new microphone. There goes a cool $1k :|
Oof. Hoping for a speedy recovery of your wallet.

Working on a computer for a couple relatives. Dual-boot Linux Mint and Windows 10 as it's for school.

Looking at the Chuwi HiGame for myself (even though I backed the UDOO BOLT). I did not get the promo code for it but the prices look good for fully built machines. Also looking at getting a like-new Nintendo Switch for myself and for work (IT gaming events).

Last edited:

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
  • drawing
  • blocking out figure
  • rough tracing out lighting
  • gets carried away, shades the entire thing
  • I should stop getting to the shading step so quickly
  • anatomy error
  • dammiiiiiiiit
  • overlap error for adjustment
  • repeat x3
also decided to wait for Threadripper Gen 3. why not. still curious if the Asrock X399M would support the 24 and 32 core Threadripper 2 CPUs in terms of power o_o

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
I'm watching MotoGP and will dive into my Ncase as soon as the races are over later on. Plan is to take the Strix 1080Ti cooler off and replace it with the Accelero III. I just finished installing thermal adhesive double sided tape on all the tiny heatsinks. Will run a baseline temp bench before and the same after the swap.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Be sure to use some decent heatsink 120mm casefans, I've had excellent results with the Noctua NF-F12 but I reckon the new NF-A12x25 will be even better. That combo helped keep my Radeon R9 290X cool in the Ncase M1 which consumed about 275W at max on its own.

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
Be sure to use some decent heatsink 120mm casefans, I've had excellent results with the Noctua NF-F12 but I reckon the new NF-A12x25 will be even better. That combo helped keep my Radeon R9 290X cool in the Ncase M1 which consumed about 275W at max on its own.

Certainly will, in fact I was using 2xNF-F12's already and swapped them for 2xNF-A12x25's as soon as they were released. They will be accompanying the Accelero too. Will report with results and differences if any,

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Looking good! How's the performance?

Oof. Hoping for a speedy recovery of your wallet.

Working on a computer for a couple relatives. Dual-boot Linux Mint and Windows 10 as it's for school.

Looking at the Chuwi HiGame for myself (even though I backed the UDOO BOLT). I did not get the promo code for it but the prices look good for fully built machines. Also looking at getting a like-new Nintendo Switch for myself and for work (IT gaming events).
On second thought, I'll pick up a NUC8i7HVK on Black Friday. I can wait a few months. In the meantime, I'll start planning mods for the system.