S4M Backpack

BrotherStein

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Nov 11, 2017
I have searched for a backpack that will allow me to safely transport my S4M with a mouse and keyboard (brickless build), however, I have come up empty handed. I'm hoping to find something that is compact, but with padding. Has anyone had any luck finding a smaller/more compact backpack for transporting an S4M?

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Biowarejak

WhiteWolf

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 14, 2017
Not a backpack, but I personally use this to bring my setup to school, etc. It easily fits the NFC S4 Classic Mini along with power adapters.
In my use case, I've managed to fit a 15.6 portable (DIY) monitor,mouse, as well as two Xbox one controllers (which are inside individual hard cases).... Keyboards are a tricky issue though. I assume a tenkeyless would work fine, but any full-size is out of the question. Although, if I wanted to bring something the thickness/size of a Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro S then I would have to omit my portable display. Something like a compact bluetooth keyboard fits fine in either condition....
For the most part, biggest selling point for me was the ability to roll the bag if I need to since, during my daily routine, I end up walking a decent deal away from parking lots and in/out/around campus which, coupled with the overall carrying weight, makes the bag tiresome to carry by hand (especially if you happen to have other bags/backpacks/equipment with you). When I'm not rolling it, the handle can be completely hidden as well.

- I can probably try to post a few images if you happen to need them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VIM9VQ8/?tag=theminutiae-20

Last edited:
Reactions: BrotherStein

BrotherStein

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Nov 11, 2017
Not a backpack, but I personally use this to bring my setup to school, etc. It easily fits the NFC S4 Classic Mini along with power adapters.
In my use case, I've managed to fit a 15.6 portable (DIY) monitor,mouse, as well as two Xbox one controllers (which are inside individual hard cases).... Keyboards are a tricky issue though. I assume a tenkeyless would work fine, but any full-size is out of the question. Although, if I wanted to bring something the thickness/size of a Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro S then I would have to omit my portable display. Something like a compact bluetooth keyboard fits fine in either condition....
For the most part, biggest selling point for me was the ability to roll the bag if I need to since, during my daily routine, I end up walking a decent deal away from parking lots and in/out/around campus which, coupled with the overall carrying weight, makes the bag tiresome to carry by hand (especially if you happen to have other bags/backpacks/equipment with you). When I'm not rolling it, the handle can be completely hidden as well.

- I can probably try to post a few images if you happen to need them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VIM9VQ8/?tag=theminutiae-20

Thanks for your reply! That actually looks damn good for an amazon product. I'm specifically looking for a backpack though. Thankfully, I don't have far to walk when traveling. Thanks again!

ECHO

Trash Compacter
Dec 3, 2016
I use an Everki Beacon backback with the included 'console sleeve'

Fits S4M-C, dell brick, all my peripherals, and a laptop too - plus I've had mine for pushing 10 years now, school and uni, its held up really well.

doomsdaydexter

Chassis Packer
Aug 27, 2017
I have searched for a backpack that will allow me to safely transport my S4M with a mouse and keyboard (brickless build), however, I have come up empty handed. I'm hoping to find something that is compact, but with padding. Has anyone had any luck finding a smaller/more compact backpack for transporting an S4M?

Thanks in advance!

There's a couple of lowepro drone back packs that might fit the bill.

BrotherStein

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Nov 11, 2017
Great news! The S4M-C fits perfectly (not sure how much bigger the skyreach is, however, there is a slightly larger version of this backpack)!

Plenty of space to throw a short TKL keyboard and mouse in. Definitely going to pick up a protective case/sleeve so I don't accidentally knock off my wifi antennae. NOTE: You could probably fit a brick in the front pouch as well.

Selendipitous

Chassis Packer
Apr 21, 2018
Nice bag!

For anyone still looking for a bag:

I don't have the S4M yet, but I've got a Peak Design 30L Everyday Backpack I intend to use whenever I finish the planning stages and get around to ordering the parts. It's a gorgeous bag, waterproof, and has a lot of compartments for me to safely tucked accessories and peripherals away. I'm still looking for a decent portable monitor and a good, backlit, compact keyboard, but I plan to slip those into either the laptop or tablet pouch - whichever fits wherever best.

It's quite expensive now, but I got a good deal on the Kickstarter and I'm quite happy with the product.

Selendipitous

Chassis Packer
Apr 21, 2018
One Day... haha

But nice bag, love the style

One day! If nothing else, I may settle for one of the.. Tanuks? And get a bigger monitor and hard-case protection :)

Right? It's fantastic to carry, and sleek as heck! The waterproof feature is nice too, especially in Seattle.

Reactions: Saudsvartur

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
One day! If nothing else, I may settle for one of the.. Tanuks? And get a bigger monitor and hard-case protection :)

Right? It's fantastic to carry, and sleek as heck! The waterproof feature is nice too, especially in Seattle.
What would be super cool is if someone made a backpack with a S4M integrated inside or something... Sew it in and add holes for airflow? It would be super cool to just plug your backpack into a wall and start playing games on it :)

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
What would be super cool is if someone made a backpack with a S4M integrated inside or something... Sew it in and add holes for airflow? It would be super cool to just plug your backpack into a wall and start playing games on it :)
It would have to be a hardshell bag. Maybe some straps you can mount to the side panel instead? :p

flacman

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2016
I've been using a Goruck GR2 (32L) for about two years. It fits the S4 mini with room to spare and is damn comfortable to wear all day long.

Reactions: Biowarejak