I have a 5090FE on hand this time around! You stated 4 weeks just under 4 weeks ago, so I am hopeful I can get this build done before I go on another long trip overseas in December. 😁
Could you evaluate the volume for a 5090FE? Under 5L possible?
because the flow through should be viable given your layout. I think an expensive flex psu can be up to the task.
@MarcParis I agree with you. My most recent 1400RPM experience is with 90mm and smaller fans admittedly because, well, that's velka 7 life for you.
Without a doubt a large fan with intake near a side panel will generate significant noise at such a speed...
The removal of power distribution...
RTX 5090 FE is nowhere in sight... neither are any of the AIB models. That is what's putting my build on hold right now. I'm willing to contemplate a case like @riba2233's MNLT to drastically ease the constraints on CPU cooler and PCIe5.0 riser, I do think a build with that and 9950x3d or future...
I feel like I mostly disagree with this and that U-ITX should be a nearly optimal 5090 gaming solution because 7800X3D and 9800X3D run cooler than 5800X3D, and I can attest to the AXP90 being basically enough for the 5800X3D, it's definitely enough to keep it cool with CO applied. Without CO...
Thank you for confirming. I am just really hesitant to compromise much on portability coming from a Velka 7 packed to the gills, good noise levels are desirable of course, but I should be able to achieve silence with really agressive underclocking if I want. I may also attempt the very same...
Those PCIe power connector temps are wild man.
I have a 5800X3D under a copper AXP-90 and it's also super duper toasty without PBO cranked to -30. the CO -30 setting makes a huge difference for it. I used to have liquid metal under there. It was a bad choice especially due to the pure copper...
Thank you very much for calling out the compatibility concern. I would also be fine going with 4.0 temporarily and eventually find an upgrade once they become more commonplace. The extra 32GB/s of bandwidth is not trivial, of course games don't benefit from it yet but we need all the bandwidth...
I am thinking I will buy it with the gen 4 riser (as these things on their own are moderately useful in the parts bin) or if an option exists please let me purchase with no riser, and get my own $100 gen 5 riser just to have the bandwidth for ML workloads. The sheer power draw on these is...
I want to see a sub 0.5L APU build once the 256-bit memory APUs drop. Those things *are* coming, right?
ahh I dunno, who am I kidding, probably once that drops in a GPD style laptop (12 inch maybe, OLED high refresh with VRR please) that will be my ticket.
Now, this could always change at any time... but I'm pretty sure I'm personally skipping the ada generation, I'll definitely be eyeing this case once the next round of releases come out. Being able to stick to 7 liters and gain 3 slots.... I still do not know how you achieved that. (edit: Oh ok...
Fired it up today on my 3080ti finally. It looks like the updates have improved performance greatly! I'm on a 1080p 240hz monitor here today and I ran a first run simply cranking the preset up to overdrive, I think probably the issue was I flipped the DLAA on, and I got a 28fps result, which set...
Doing some pixel metrology based on photos now...
- The long pcie finger width is 71.15mm (calipered with a physical card on hand)
For this gigabyte card:
- horizontal spacing between hole centers is 1581 px
- length of pcie finger is 1920 px (wow!)
That makes for 71.15 * 1581/1920 = 58.58...
I'm trying to figure out if there is any compatibility to be had between the 4090 PCBs that are out there with any existing coolers. In particular, 4070/4070Ti coolers and various 3080 coolers.
I want to cram a 4090 into my Velka 7 but none of the 4090 cards will ever fit because they are too...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.